Welcome to 2018!!! It’s coming even if we are not ready!!! Here at LifeQuest Swim & Fitness, we are gearing up for a busy start to the New Year. It wouldn’t seem right if we did not address the whole New Year’s Resolution aspect at this time of year. While we all try to adhere to our New Year’s resolutions that we set for ourselves, we hope that Membership at LifeQuest will make it a little easier to help out with one of them. We offer a variety of classes to help get you in shape and have fun doing it.
Check out lqfitness.com for our updated schedule of both water and land classes. Here are a few of our members’ favorites offered here at LQ:
- Hydro-Fit: This class is designed to work cardiovascular and muscle endurance, utilizing water, noodles and aqua bells.
- FDL (Floor Done Lightly): This class is a high energy/low impact floor aerobic workout that includes muscle conditioning.
- Metabolic Burn: This class has a set of stations alternating cardio, lower body, upper body, and abdominal moves to increase muscular strength, balance, and breath.
With over 20 types of classes offered at LQ Swim & Fitness, we are confident that you will find something that fits your needs that you will enjoy doing every week. We recommend trying a few different ones to really hone in on the one or two that is for you. Find more details on the classes that we offer here.
Despite all we have to offer, it is up to YOU to make it happen!! Here are a few suggestions to improve your chances (plus check out our Instagram account for daily motivation updates!!).
- Set realistic goals that will stick (Remember, that Rome place was not built in a day!)
- Start low and you’ll gradually progress, advises Cedric Bryant, Ph.D., Chief Exercise Physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. “The thing most people forget is that they didn’t become reconditioned and out of shape overnight. You shouldn’t expect to become well-conditioned overnight.”
- Focus on how much better you can feel losing a few pounds.
- Think of all the health benefits you get by losing just 5-10% of your body weight, including lower blood pressure, blood cholesterol and triglycerides, not to mention more energy and self-esteem.
- Find a buddy to work out with and hold each other accountable!
What kind of exercise should I do??? We get that question a lot here. First off, do what you enjoy doing so you will do it consistently. Do you like to swim? Take our water classes after some laps!! Do you like to lift weights? We have plenty of free weights and a great Pump class that works ALL your muscles (and then some!). A walker?? Bump up your daily steps to 20,000 every day; use our treadmills to help you out with that!!
If you need some help with our machines, members get a free orientation on our machines every Wednesday from 11-12. Your next step is a Personal Fitness Assessment which allows you an hour of one on one time with our highly skilled Personal Trainers to set you on the right path to achieve your fitness goals. Finally, Personal Training will take you to the next level!! We have great Certified Trainers here that will work you on so you get results you desire!! You can find out more on our website lqfitness.com or ask any Member of our stall!